Updated Open Enrollment and School Choice Information
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:02 AM
Wisconsin’s inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live. The open enrollment application period for the 2012-13 school year is from February 6- April 30, 2012. The application period closes at 4:00 p.m. on April 30, 2012. Late applications will not be accepted for any reason.
Parents may apply in one of two ways:
· On-line (recommended) at http://dpi.wi.gov/sms/psctoc.html
· Although on-line application is recommended, paper applications may be obtained from the Department of Public Instruction or any school district after January 2, 2012, and must be delivered to the nonresident school district. School District of Waukesha applications should be submitted attention: Stephanie Peterson/Open Enrollment, 222 Maple Avenue,
Who needs to complete this process:
- Students currently attending a Waukesha school via Tuition Waiver for the 2011-2012 school year.
- Students who have changed residency to a non-Waukesha address between September 1st and February 6th.
- Students planning to move into an address that is outside of the Waukesha School District between April 30 and September 1, 2012; and wish to stay in the Waukesha School District.
- Students currently attending K4 or eighth grader under Open Enrollment (a special paper application will be mailed home in January).
Note: families that move unexpectedly after April 30th are able to complete a Tuition Waiver form for the following year.
In-District Transfer Requests/School Choice
If you are considering attending a school within the district that is not your neighborhood school, you must complete an In-District Transfer Request form which can be accessed online at: http://tinyurl.com/6s67zy6
This form can be printed and completed manually or filled in electronically. After completion, please deliver the form to your home/attendance area school by March 1, 2012. NOTE: Families with students enrolling in KINDERGARTEN should complete and submit enrollment paperwork to home/attendance area school.
If you have any additional questions regarding Open Enrollment, Tuition Waiver or School Choice, please contact Stephanie Peterson at 262.970.1105 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .